Sir Jackie Stewart's Ecurie Ecosse Cooper Monaco from 1964 could be yours … for £ 350,000! Iconic car is auctioned
- Sir Jackie Stewart is a racing legend and Scot & # 39; s former car is for sale
- Bought for between £ 300,000 and £ 350,000 at the auction
- The triple world champion rode the Ecurie Ecosse Cooper Monaco in 1960
& # 39; It would be great for everyone & # 39 ;: Liam Plunkett calls on Sky to definitively release Cricket World Cup when England reaches the showpiece
- The Women & # 39; s World Cup & # 39; s ratings dwarf cricket equivalent this summer
- There has been debate about whether Cricket World Cup should be free-to-air
- England Seamer Liam Plunkett suggested that it would be positive if it were shown
An audience of 11.73 million tuned in to live coverage of the BBC of the semi-final of the women's football world championship on Tuesday, when England lost to the US. The average figure was 8.8 million, which has reduced the number of people viewing the cricket.
& # 39; It's always nice to be on a larger platform, & # 39; said Plunkett, who is expected to play in the semi-final on Thursday against Edgbaston against India or Australia.
He told BBC Radio Five Live : Hopefully people tune into [the final].
& # 39; It would of course be great to have as many people watch as possible – we feel that we have built something special here as a team. It would be nice to go all the way and watch large numbers at that final if we come through and win. I'm not sure if they're going to do it, but it would be great if everyone could see it.
& # 39; When you play for England, you are the pride of the country and you want people to have access to it and see it.
& # 39; I'm not sure if it's going to happen but for the boys, you want as many people as possible to look at it. & # 39;
Sky says a peak of 1.78 million watched England & # 39; s match against India last week, but refused to tell Sportsmail what the average figure is for all nine of their group matches.
They claim that comparing a 90-minute football game with a nine-hour cricket broadcast is misleading.
Plunkett later went to Twitter to claim that he was quoted incorrectly
& # 39; We want to win & # 39 ;: Zinedine Zidane insists that Real Madrid is serious about securing the domestic double because he says that Copa del Rey success is still important to his club
Zinedine Zidane has talked about his hope of winning. of the Copa del Rey after Real Madrid reached the last 16 with a 3-1 victory in Unionistas de Salamanca.
Gareth Bale provided the opener in the 18th minute, despite not having played since January 4, but picked up an ankle injury and had to be replaced.
Unionistas led the draw at the start of the second half through Alvaro Romero, but the quality of Los Blancos was too much for their opponents, with Juan Gongora scoring an own goal for Brahim Diaz & # 39; s strike closed finish the win.
& # 39; I welcome everyone, & # 39; told Frenchman Zidane at a press conference reported by Marca.
& # 39; We knew what kind of game it would really be small pitch. But there was motivation, because this is the Copa del Rey and we want to win it.
& # 39; It was a difficult night and we struggled as we moved the ball over the field, which didn't help. We are happy that we are in the last 16. & # 39;
Diaz was associated with a Bernabeu move, but Zidane refused to say whether the former Manchester City attacker would stay or leave the transfer window.
About the performance of Diaz, Zidane said: & I am happy with what he did with his goals. We are all here to do it well and nothing more.
& # 39; These matches do not change anything. Everyone knows their situation. & # 39;
Twice SuperBowl and MVP winner for the New York Giants Eli Manning to retire Friday at the NFL
- Eli Manning puts an end to a 16-year career week
- The quarterback won the SuperBowl in 2008 and 2012 with the Giants
- Manning signed off with two touchdowns in his last career game
- The 39-year-old also won two MVP prizes during his long career in the NFL
who won two Super Bowls with the Giants in 2008 and 2012, also won the prize of the Most Valuable Player (MVP) competition in those years.
His club confirmed the news that he will end his 16-year career in a statement on the club's website.
"Eli is our only dual Super Bowl MVP and one of the very best players in the history of our franchise. He represented our franchise as a perfect professional with dignity and responsibility.
" It meant something for Eli to be the Giants quarterback and it meant even more to us. We are more than grateful for his contributions to our organization and look forward to celebrating his introduction to the Giants Ring of Honor in the near future. "
Manning's best years as a quarterback came under the stewardship of head coach Tom Coughlin, who was in charge of the Giants between 2004 and 2015.
Coughlin said: "It was an honor and privilege to coach Eli and to continue the wonderful and wonderful moments that he and his teammates have offered for all of us in the world championship & # 39; 07 – & # 39; 08 and & # 39; 11 – & # 39; 12 seasons. "
] Manning says goodbye to a 16-year career that also has won two MVP prizes
Manning ended his career in style during his last game, threw 283 yards and registered two touchdowns in a 36-20 Win the Miami Dolphins.
Despite this success was the victory of the Dolphins only his fourth appearance of the season.
- West Ham has been associated with a sensational reunion with Dimitri Payet
- The Frenchman was a fan favorite before leaving the club under a cloud in 2017
- Payet scored 15 goals and delivered 23 assists in his two-year stint in West Ham
- David Moyes & 39's side lacks creative power of the Payet type this season
West Ham United is allegedly in line for a move for Marseille & Dimitri Payet as the Hammers watch a sensational reunion with their former star.
And according to L & Equipe, the Premier League side see a return to France international Payet, 32, who left the club in 2017 under dubious circumstances.
During his two-year-old period in West Ham, the Frenchman quickly became a favorite with fans with rudder and beautiful performances for The Hammers, earned him a reputation as the club's talisman.
Payet scored 15 goals and provided 23 assists during his stint in the Premier League between 2015 and 2017. A return to East London can be a surprise to West Ham believers after their former star forced a move from the club.
In January 2017, Payet refused to play for the club because he wanted to return to his home country. West Ham initially rejected two bids from the French club for their star man before accepting a £ 25 million bid – a club record sale.
After his e xit a wall painting was installed to honor the player replaced by one of Andy Carroll who scored a bicycle kick against Crystal Palace.
The 32-year-old Payet has scored eight goals and delivered four assists from 19 games in all competitions for Marseille this season, and would provide much needed creativity in a West Ham side that was seriously lacking.
The side of David Moyes was defeated by Leicester 4-1 on Wednesday evening at the King Power Stadium and hovered just above the relegation zone in the Premier League.
Valencia & # 39; line-up move & # 39; for former player Nicolas Otamendi now Aymeric Laporte is back in the Manchester City team
- Valencia is preparing a reunion with Man City defender Nicolas Otamendi
- He came to Valencia from Valencia in the summer of 2015 for a fee of £ 32 million
- He played more than expected this season after Aymeric's injury to Laporte
Otamendi moved from Valencia to City in 2015, but now the Spanish team is looking for a reunion with their former player.
No official offer has yet been made for the Argentinian, who arrived for a fee of £ 32 million and became a large part of the team during their success in recent years.
Otamendi was for sale in the transfe r window of last summer, but City found that they did not offer appropriate offers, and he remained in the books.
It eventually became a blessing for City, who lost Aymeric Laporte to a long-term injury, which meant that they could bring Otamendi back as cover.
He played 15 games for City this season and scored two goals along the way.
Now that Laporte is coming back for action in City & # 39; s 1-0 win over Sheffield United this week, the door can be open for Otamendi to leave again.
Otamendi has more than a year on his contract, so Manchester City will be looking for good compensation for the 31-year-old because they are looking for a long-term replacement in the middle of their defense.
& # 39; I understand supporters are disappointed & # 39 ;: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer accepts Manchester United fans booing his side after bleak Burnley show as he takes responsibility for defeating the defeat
The famous United stadium was scarce across all four corners before the last whistle had even sounded on Wednesday evening, after supporters had left in their droves amid the matt performance.
An angry chorus was heard ringing around Old Trafford, along with singing against the club's Glazer property as the players left the field, and Solskjaer insists that all he can do now is raising his hands. and shoots criticism in its direction.
"I understand that supporters are disappointed in difficult times," said the Norwegian in his press conference after the game.
"There was no end today," Solskjaer answered frankly when he was asked for signs of progress, & quot; because you feel disillusioned at the end, as you say, because they might do so.
& # 39; But for us we just have to hold on to our values, hold on to our beliefs and know that it makes no sense to feel sorry for yourself.
& # 39; We just have to make sure that we try to help the players and the team. The players hear the fans.
& # 39; Today was not a fair reflection of this group. I can't sit here and do anything other than raise my hands. That is where we are now. & # 39;
Chants were also directed at United Chief Ed Woodward on the final whistle, which has been focusing more and more on the poor transfer policy of the club over the past seven years since Sir's departure. Alex Ferguson.
When asked about the current transfer window, Solskjaer admitted that plans are continuing to improve the team and add new faces.
& # 39; We want to strengthen and we know it has to. We let some players go because we had to start again. We know that we need quality and figures.
& # 39; I think everyone can see that these players are being stretched. They are stretched and I have absolutely no complaints about any of them because they give absolutely everything they have. & # 39;
United remains connected to Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes, although super agent Jorge Mendes recently doubted a possible deal .
United has been locked up all month in negotiations with Sporting Lisbon, but has yet to reach an agreement on compensation for Fernandes.
When asked if he expected a deal to be completed for the 25-year-old, influential orchestrator Mendes said: & I don't know. If he doesn't leave now, he will definitely leave in the summer because Sporting has already spoken to other clubs.
& # 39; Something will happen, but I'm not sure if now or at the end of the season. & # 39;
Juventus refuses player-plus-money deal from Barcelona for winger Federico Bernadeschi with Ivan Rakitic that is believed to be used as makeweight for the deal & 
- Italian winger Federico Bernadeschi has recently been dropped by Juventus
- Barcelona is believed to be interested, according to reports from Sky Italia
- It is believed that with an offer of € 10 million plus Ivan Rakitic has been rejected by Juve
- Croatian midfielder Rakitic has nearly 300 appearances for Barcelona
The left wing played 14 times in the league for Juve this season, but still has to score in the Serie A this period.
This obvious lack of target threat, coupled with the rise of Douglas Costa, has led Bernadeschi to be an unused substitute in the last four league games of Juventus and is now questioning his future in Turin.
Although according to Sky Italia, according to Football Italia, the Serie A-club has wiped out a first approach to Barcelona which would have made Ivan Rakitic join the Old Lady.
According to Sky Italia transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio, a minimum bid of € 20 million plus Rakitic is needed to convince Juventus to participate in the company with their left-wing winger.
Bernadeschi has scored 9 goals in 89 competitions in all competitions for the Serie A giants since joining Fiorentina for a fee of € 40 million.
The winger has also become a reliable player for Roberto Mancini's Italian national team in the last 12 months, scoring twice in eight games for the Azzurri in 2019.
Meanwhile, the future of Rakitic in Barcelona is slowly becoming a long transfer saga, in which the 31-year-old is strongly linked to a move from the Camp Nou, despite the fact that he has played hard for the Catalan club in recent weeks.
A significant injury to fellow Barca midfielder Arthur Melo means that the La Liga champions cannot afford to let Rakitic leave because this would lead to a shortage of options in the middle of the park.
Rakitic has achieved nearly 300 appearances in all competitions since joining Seville in 2014 and winning four La Liga titles, four Copa del Reys and one Champions League trophy with the club.
Suarez had scored 25 of the 61 goals this season – the Uruguayan was already a man without a natural substitute and Quique Setien admitted that the club talked about Monday and is considering switching to the transfer market.
With a lack of goals in the team – and Barca who was in the cup on Wednesday evening for a 2-1 win at third level Ibiza, Sportsmail looks at the options and asks who would fit best in the Barcelona team of the new coach?
Barcelona is already desperate about this and is talking about the possibility that the Arsenal player submits a transfer request to force a move. The 30-year contract runs until 2021 and as much as Raul Sanllehi is a former Barca man, he will not favor his old club.
There is also doubt about the time he would take to adapt to playing for Barcelona. Nobody doubts his quality, but he may need time and it is time that Setien doesn't really have it in the middle of the season.
] Olivier Giroud
Again I had no doubt about the quality and would occupy the back of the opposition center in a way that Luis Suarez has done for the past five years. He is also free in June, so the cash flow problems of Barcelona (they have budgeted to sell a player mid-season, not buy a player) may not be an obstacle.
There would still be a period of adjustment, although fellow World Cup winner Antoine Griezmann might help. He has fallen out of favor in Chelsea under Frank Lampard and is desperate to leave Stamford Bridge.
The former Tottenham striker is now in Napoli, but has only started three league games. He has a great gaming experience and would fit into the team, but it has been a while since he was really effective.
Some claim that he would give Barcelona an option to go a bit more direct into gaming, but keeping Pique in front works just as well as the plan is. Nor is it likely that the plan is too often under purist Setien.
] No one will argue about its quality, but Cavani would like to be the first choice. That may work while Suarez is away, but what happens when he returns. In the short term it is a reasonable solution, but in the long term it creates a problem.
Barcelona already has a 32-year-old Uruguayan center striker, they don't really need two. They can offer him something in the short term, but that won't convince him to come when Atletico Madrid wants him for the long term.
Still a Uruguayan and someone who has proven that he can score goals in Spain. He is currently in the second division Girona, where he is the highest paid player in the second layer.
However, he is 33 years old and his squeeze-out clause is £ 17 million. It seems like a non-runner. He is also a player who mainly & # 39; only goals & # 39; will bring. Barcelona is the highest score in Spain, so whoever comes must offer more.
The 28-year-old striker in Valencia offers many possibilities. He would get goals, he knows the competition, he is of good age, he could play in one of the broad positions in the front three if Setien plans to keep Lionel Messi central or look forward to a return of Suarez.
His 10 assists underline this season how much he would fit in the style of Setien and he would bring intensity to the high press that Barcelona was missing. The problem? It costs £ 42 million. Barcelona & # 39; s chances to convince Valencia to let their player play now but pay later are slim.
The sensation of the season in Spain, the 25-year-old Argentinean of Osasuna would also bringing intensity, desire and no shortage of talent and goals. He's currently on a steep climb in his career – he did well for Huesca last season, but they still went down, this season he's doing even better for Osasuna at the mid-table.
It would be a gamble to give him the chance to take another (big) step but a nice one. There is, however, a major problem. He has no EU passport and Barcelona already has three non-EU players.
] Lautaro Martinez
The gem of Inter is only 22 and is perhaps already the player who chose Barcelona to replace Luis Suarez at the end of the season.
Barcelona may pay less than its £ 94 million buy-out clause that will no longer be in mid-July, but now – for everything that it would be a fantastic solution – they are not going to convince Inter to sell.
DC United & # 39; hold new talks with Mesut Ozil representatives as MLS side-eye signing Arsenal midfielder in 2021 & # 39;
- DC United has contacted the pursuit of a brand name to replace Rooney
- MLS DC United officials were back on Tuesday in London for conversations
- Ozil was replaced after just 55 minutes of the mid-week match against Chelsea
American side DC United has their interest in Arsenal midfielder Mesut Özil.
MLS side officials were in London to meet representatives of the player, according to the Washington Post.
Özil was replaced after just 55 minutes of Tuesday's 2-2 draw against Chelsea in Stamford Bridge.
DC United first contacted Ozil in In August they pursued a brand name to replace Derby-bound Wayne Rooney.
They held more conversations with his representatives during a visit to London this week to meet players and agents.
The 31-year-old has 18 months left on his £ 350,000 a week and DC United thinks they have a better chance of signing him in the winter of 2021.
Özil has revealed his intention to see his profitable Arsenal contract after a revival under Mikel Arteta.
The German midfielder had been looking forward to leaving the Emirates before the arrival of the Spaniard, frozen by previous boss Unai Emery.
Ozil was connected to a move to a number of clubs over the last two windows, and even in December last year there was talk of a move to Fenerbahce in the area.