Mallorca 4-1 Valencia: relegation wrestlers produce a huge shock as they give European hope to boost their LaLiga survival aids
- Mallorca stunned Valencia to get out of the LaLiga claws relegation zone
- Ante Budimir grabbed a double bag when Mallorca punished the 10-man visitors
- The defeat for Valencia is a blow for their hope for a European finish this season
Ante Budimir scored a brace as relegation contenders Mallorca bewildered Valencia with a 4-1 thumping on Sunday to give their LaLiga survival hope a huge boost.
Mallorca was unknown because European hopefuls arrived in Valencia at the Iberostar stadium, with the home team still stuck in the relegation zone one win in seven league games.
But the LaLiga wrestlers made a mockery of chances before the game when they scrambled out of the drop zone after wiping out the visitors, challenging a spot in the top six and only four points lower than the third after the crushing defeat.
Mallorca had the perfect start when a pass from Salva Sevilla was pushed into the corner by Antonio Raillo with a fleeting head.
And the home team was in dream land when they extended their lead just over ten minutes later when Budimir took his first goal of the game – ending low in the corner after a pass from Dani Rodriguez to control his side. to get.
With peace around the corner, Mallorca still had time for another goal, while Sevilla Budimir slipped through the goal, with the Bosnian applying a quiet finish to make three – give Valencia a mountain to climb with the break.
All hope that the side of the road returned to the race was quickly poured over after Dani Parejo picked up a second yellow five minutes after he had started again.
Mallorca punished the affected visitors with Budimir who put the ball to Rodriguez, who found it just after he had tried his luck from outside the area.
Valencia finally reached their goal just a few minutes later, as Ferran Torres scored from close range, but it turned out to be a consolation – with the home team winning a crucial victory in their relegation air fight.
Newcastle & # 39; s pursuit of the much-requested striker Jarrod Bowen received a timely boost … because the representative of Hull Star has long been associated with Steve Bruce
- Hull City will Jarrod Bowen offering a new bumper contract offer to stay in the club
- The 23-year-old attracts serious interest from various Premier League clubs
- The contract offered will double his current salary as Hull clings to star man
Newcastle United & chances to £ 15 million Hull City striker to sign Jarrod Bowen has been encouraged by Steve Bruce & # 39; s old co-worker Peter Chapman who gets a new key role in the player's future.
Clubs interested in signing Bowen have been told that Chapman will be Bowen's representative in all discussions, rather than his permanent agents.
Chapman played an important role in Bruce, who was named Hull's manager in 2012 as his honorary president of the club and is perfectly placed to act as a channel between Newcastle and Hull owners Assem and Ehab Allam.
Hull City is set to offer Jarrod Bowen a new bumper contract in the midst of Premier League interest
Bowen is desperate to leave Hull after having scored 39 goals since August 2018 and is regularly at the top of the championship scorecards.
A number of clubs, including Newcastle, West Brom and Leicester have shown interest in the 23-year-old attacker, but Hull has so far resisted the pressure to sell for fear that it is a potential promotional challenge would derail.
Bruce withdrew from the race for Bowen in the summer transfer period due to Hull & # 39; s £ 20 million asking price, but a deal could be made with concerned Chapman.
When Bruce resigned from Hull in 2016, he said: & Special appreciation goes to honorary president Peter Chapman, who played a pat to bring me to the club in 2012. He worked tir elessly in the past four years and I am extremely grateful. & # 39;
Real Madrid boosted Karim Benzema and Luka Jovic return to training with Gareth Bale who is also suitable for LaLiga collision with Seville
- Karim Benzema and Luka Jovic have since been out the Spanish Super Cup
- They both returned to training with the Real Madrid first team on Thursday
- Gareth Bale will be available for Seville on Saturday after fighting an infection
Real Madrid have been handed a double boost because Karim Benzema and Luka Jovic have both returned to full training.
But they were both involved in the session with the rest of the first team on Thursday.
Zidane also saw a number of other men taking part in the session as they bid
Gareth Bale is expected to return Saturday against Seville after he has managed to fight an infection that has brought him out has held the Spanish Super Cup.
Marco Asensio and Eden Hazard were also running on the grass while fighting back their injuries
Sergio Ramos is a doubt for the game in Seville, although after a foot injury in the final and only in the gym and on the grass could work by themselves on Thursday.
& # 39; The Premier League is simply the most interesting & # 39 ;: Chelsea boosted the pursuit of Real Madrid goal Timo Werner while revealing the desire to play in England … but insists that he & # 39; no worries & # 39; makes about leaving RB Leipzig
- Chelsea are interested in Timo Werner after reducing their transfer ban
- Real Madrid reportedly queued of £ 68 million for him this summer
- Werner praised the Premier League but did not rule out a move to Spain
- The star of RB Leipzig says that he is not looking for movement in the January Transfer Window
Chelsea appears to be in pole position to sign RB Leipzig assassin Timo Werner after admitting he wants to test himself in the Premier League.
And although Spanish giants Real Madrid allegedly consider considering a move for him, Werner seems to set his sights on moving to England.
WERNER IN 2019-20
Chelsea wants their transfer ban lowered, and Werner told the German newspaper Bild : & # 39; The Premier League is certainly the most interesting competition, you have to say.
& # 39; There is a certain flair to watch the English competition and play there. & # 39;
However, with Real also in connection with a £ 68 million move for Werner this summer, the 23-year-old was quick to rule out a possible switch to La Liga.
He added: & # 39; But many Germans have also been very successful in Spain, as Sami Khedira and Mesut Özil think. & # 39;
Leipzig is probably not reached d to cash Werner this month because they are looking to win their first ever Bundesliga title.
And luckily for them, the former Stuttgart star says he & # 39; not worry & # 39; about securing a move in January.
& # 39; From now on I don't want to go anywhere else, & # 39; he said.
West Brom and Fulham boosted with hamstring injury from Dwight Gayle not bad as first feared … but they face competition from championship rivals for £ 10m-valued Newcastle striker
The suitors of Dwight Gayle received a boost after it emerged his hamstring injury is not as bad as was first feared.
Striker Gayle was forced out of Newcastle's 1-1 draw against Wolves after just 28 minutes on Saturday.
The 29-year-old suffered from a small tear and the first concern was that he was put aside for a maximum of six weeks.
But after medical tests, Gayle is likely to return to training in two to three weeks and weeks and is scheduled to play again early next month.
That will be welcome news for his champion admirers who want Gayle to run on the floor so that he can quickly strengthen their respective promotional bids.
West Brom leaders, who scored 23 goals for Gayle last season, Fulham, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday, who are all in the top six of the championship, are fighting Gayle.
Newcastle is willing to lend him this month in a deal that also includes a purchase commitment of £ 10 million.
Liverpool boosted Fabinho preparations to return to full training … and the midfielder could be available to tackle Manchester United & # 39;
- Fabinho has been out for the last six weeks after a serious ankle injury
- But he has completed his rehabilitation and is almost ready to return to training
- He might be ready to face Manchester United, but may return in FA Cup clash |
Fabinho has been out for six weeks with an ankle injury, but has now completed his rehabilitation and admitted on the weekend that the last 10 days have done ballasting.
But he is now ready to participate in full sessions with the first team in the coming days – and therefore he will return to play.Liverpool got a higher boost with Fabinho almost back in full trainingFabinho has been out with an ankle injury now that his rehabilitation has ended
Although it may be available v For the game against United, according to the Mirror, It is more likely that he will appear in the FA Cup the following weekend.
However, it is the perfect time for Fabinho to return, given the busy schedule that Liverpool will soon face.
They try to win the first Premier League title in 30 years while they are still in the FA Cup.
And they also build up the Champions League clashes against Atletico Madrid in February.Although he may be available for the game against United, he probably plays in the FA Cup
Liverpool has already put together the best start ever after 21 matches of a team in the history of the six best competitions in Europe.
But Andy Robertson insists that it will count for nothing unless they collect silverware at the end of the campaign.
The Scottish left back said: & # 39; They are not relevant to us. Yes, if we break records along the way, great, great, but we'll see [only] when we get a trophy.
& # 39; Last season we broke records with regard to clean sheets and we became empty in the Premier League. Records mean nothing unless they deliver you the final goal, hopefully it will come this season. & # 39;
Lukasz Fabianski boost to West Ham because goalkeeper expected to make quick recovery from hip injury
- Fabianski had to go off only 13 minutes in 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United
- The 34-year-old goalkeeper injured his hip while taking a goal kick on Friday
- A scan on Monday showed that the injury was not seriously feared first. January 13, 2020
West Ham have been great fitness boost with the news that goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is on the sidelines for just a few weeks.
The 34-year-old had only 13 minutes to go by on Friday night's defeat in Sheffield United after hurting his hip by taking a goal kick.Lukasz Fabianski only had to go off 13 minutes during Friday night's defeat in Sheffield United
There were fears that the Polish international had sustained a repeat of his injury and suffered in Bournemouth in September, also while taking a goal kick, which required surgery and put him out of action for three months.
A scan on Monday, however, has shown that the injury is not serious, and he may be back in time to face Liverpool at the end of the month.
Hammer's head of medical Richard Collinge said: & # 39; It is good news in the sense that Lukasz has not worsened or suffered from t
& # 39; The scan has a slight inflammation and irritation of scar tissue, which is quite common after surgery, and clearly the cause of the discomfort he felt on Friday.The 34-year-old keeper is only a few weeks opposite on the sidelines with hip injury
& # 39; We should just let the inflammation sink in and expect Lukasz to be available again in a few weeks. & # 39;
Spaniard Roberto delegated to Fabianski for much of his original spell, but due to a series of errors, West Ham fell.
David Martin, signed as the third choice goalkeeper club in the summer, replaced Fabianski in Bramall Lane, but his mistake led to the sole purpose of the game.
West Ham has tried to re-sign his former goalkeeper Darren Rando lph from Middlesbrough, but he has also had injury problems this season.
The Hammers face Everton on Saturday, travel to Leicester next Wednesday and receive West Brom in the FA Cup the following weekend.
Liverpool gets a big injury-boost when Fabinho and Dejan Lovren close in exchange for full training … and may be involved against Manchester United
- Midfielder Fabinho has been out since November with a ankle injury
- Dejan Lovren has been significantly sidelined by a hamstring problem
- Liverpool meets Tottenham on Saturday without James Milner and Naby Keita
Fabinho has been out since the end of November, but Klopp hopes he will be back in action soon. 
Klopp said at his press conference prior to Saturday's late kick-off against Tottenham : & Dejan and Fabinho expect us to come back in full training next week – that is clear good. Whether that is in time for the competition Man United (on January 19) we do not know. & # 39;Fabinho approaches full training for Liverpool after an ankle injury
Concerning injured midfielders James Milner and Naby Keita, Klopp added: & # 39; Milner and Naby are not available … not for this weekend, not for next week. Then we will see. & # 39;
Klopp added victim Fabinho and Lovren to the knee injury, set aside for a month with a hamstring problem: & # 39; They are currently working very hard, they are going fast and that is good. "
Joel Matip, who has been on the road with a knee injury since October, and Xherdan Shaqiri also trained this week.
The loss of Milner, who suffered a hamstring injury early in the FA of Sunday Cup victory at Everton, however, is a blow to Klopp & # 39; s midfield options, with Keita now missing a week with a groin problem.Defender Dejan Lovren has been out for almost a month with a hamstring problem
Klopp continued: & # 39; James and Naby are not available, both are muscle injuries, different and for different people, so we will see how fast it will be, we don't need a time frame to set up because we don't do that know it.
& # 39; But not for this week and not for next week but then we'll see.
& # 39; Joel was not part of all training but was out on the field, which looked really good and yesterday he was part of the first part of the training. Shaq trained completely normal. & # 39;
Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris gives Jose Mourinho a huge boost by returning to full training after severe elbow injury in October
- Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is about to return to full training
- The captain of the club has been eliminated after a nasty elbow injury in October
- Lloris has returned to light training but can be in full training are within 10 days
- Harry Kane is injured with a hamstring problem, so Lloris returns is a boost
- England & # 39; s hope of conquering South Africa encouraged by the resignation of Faf du Plessis
- England needed eight wickets to equal Keshav Maharaj and then removed
- Du Plessis was fired for 19 points but rookie Pieter Malan impressed
Tottenham An important boost by returning return to full training.
The captain of Spurs has been missing since he sustained a serious elbow injury in October in the 3-0 loss against Brighton .
But the France international goalkeeper has returned to light training back at the Enfield HQ club.Hugo Lloris is ready to give Tottenham an important boost by returning to full training within 10 days
If everything goes according to plan, Lloris is expected to resume full training within 10 days – news that will be a huge boost for manager Jose Mourinho.
Lloris hopes to be able to return to the action of the first team by the end of January or the beginning of February.
The 33-year-old has worked closely with the newly appointed goalkeeper coach Nuno Santos of the club and has already begun balding and contact exercises while preparing for higher training.
Paulo Gazzaniga has delegated Lloris in his absence, but the impending return of the World Cup will be an important lift for the business end of the season.
Tottenham is in the midst of an injury crisis: Harry Kane, Moussa Sissoko, Danny Rose, Tanguy Ndombele and Ben Davies are all currently on treatment.Captain Tottenham suffered in Octobersuffered a terrible injury against Brighton. Lloris made a mistake when he dropped a pass from Pascal Gross in the game for three minutes
So the return of Lloris to fitness comes at a fast time, especially with the resumption of the Champions League approaching
The disturbing injury problems of Spurs have forced the club to approach it in January to reconsider the transfer window.
Mourinho originally aimed for a new full-back this month, but the injuries for Kane mean in particular Ndombele and Sissoko that Spurs is also on the market for a new center striker and midfielder.
Meanwhile, former boss Harry Redknapp fears that the current inconsistencies of Tottenham will continue.After Harry Kane was put aside due to injury, Jose Mourinho will be happy to return Lloris
After a first improvement immediately after arrival of Mourinho, Spurs are non-profit in their last three games prior to Saturday's visit to champion-elect Liverpool.
& # 39; Tottenham, they are just going through a funny little, quite a long, spell when you look at it, & # 39; Redknapp told Sky Sports.
& # 39; The last 25 games with Poch in charge, they went so well and then suddenly that big series of bad forms. And the shape has really gone up and down right now.
& # 39; Jose went in there, we know his record, it's incredible, but nobody got a magic wand and at the moment the team just doesn't look good. & # 39;
The resignation of South African captain Faf du Plessis gives England a boost for lunch on day five of the second test.
The hope of England for forcing a fifth Day victory in the second test in Cape Town was stimulated by a drastic decline in the judgment of South Africa Captain Faf du Plessis.
England needed eight wickets to enter a stubborn field in Newlands and would have to settle for James Anderson's early removal from night watchman Keshav Maharaj.
Debutant Pieter Malan, who failed on a solid rock 83, appeared to crack a hard nut and Du Plessis seemed to play his role in the rear-guard to evoke an unforced fault that the Proteas 170 for four left.England received a major boost when South African captain Faf du Plessis was firedEngland bowler Don Bess celebrates after the Plessis was fired for 19 runs
After getting out of 56 balls a way to 19 h given ad, the skipper suddenly threw away his earlier inhibitions when he knelt to sweep Dom Bess in the leg side.
With runs essentially a non-factor in the final equation and Bess causing few problems on a pitch with only the softest twist, Du Plessis' shot choice was staggering as the failed execution.
Instead of tickling the ball or stroking it on the ground, Du Plessis planted it straight to Joe Denly on a square leg. England was delighted, surprised and relieved in equal parts – not least Denly who took his first catch since his astonishing spills two tests ago in Hamilton.Debutant Pieter Malan provider difficult to handle and did not reach lunch at 83Ben Stokes looked on the fifth day of the second test most threatening from England bowlers
The hope of England became passe nd revived with the second new ball just around the corner but wit h conditions conspiracy against them and only four wickets in the first 83 overs of the innings – one to go the tail and one Dean Elgar & # 39; s disputed lead – there is a lot of hard work ahead.
Things had started well for the tourists, Anderson immediately found a challenging line around the stump and picked up Maharaj & # 39; s edge in the third of the day. But while Malan skilfully departed and blocked Du Plessis well until his costly mistake, the chances were small and far between.
Ben Stokes looked at the most threatening bowlers, lashing himself in pursuit of the extra pace that England lacked in Jofra. The absence of Archer but finding only limited success.